Hair Color for Men Natural Looking Moisture-Rich* Liquid Hair Color with Shea Butter Conditioner Jet Black
5 Minute Natural-Looking Gray Coverage
- Works in just 5 minutes
- Provides natural-looking gray coverage
- Shea Butter Conditioner locks in color and leaves hair soft
100% Gray Coverage
Preliminary Skin Test
- Cleanse and pat dry a test area the size of a quarter in the bend of your elbow.
- Using a plastic utensil, mix 1 teaspoon of the developer cream (1) in a plastic or glass container. Tightly recap the hair color product and developer. Do not use metal utensils.
- Apply test mixture to the cleansed area with a cotton swab/ball and let dry. Use remaining mixture for color preview test.
- Do not wash off for 48 hours. If not reaction occurs, you are ready to color your hair. If the skin test causes any abnormal reaction such as redness, itching, burning, swelling or other signs of irritation in or surrounding the test area, it means that you are allergic or sensitive to this hair color and should not use it at this time.
- Do not use this product if your scalp shows any evidence of abrasion, eruption or other abnormal condition.
Color Preview Test
Hair color results can be affected by permanent waving, straightening, overexposure to the sun, previous coloring and other stress factors. To see how your new color will look, use the remaining mixture from your allergy test.
- Snip a small swatch of hair ¼ inch and tape it at one end.
- Place the swatch in the test mixture, making sure that each hair strand is completely covered.
- Leave in mixture for 5 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly and dry to preview your color.
- Put on coloring gloves. Snip off tip of the Cream Color Developer (1) applicator as shown, then remove applicator cap from bottle.
- Next, pour all of the Ammonia-Free Colorant (2) into the Cream Color Developer bottle (1).
- Finally, replace Cream Color Developer bottle (1) applicator cap securely. Place gloved finger over open tip, pointing away from your face. Shake vigorously until mixture is completely blended.
- Squeeze the applicator bottle to apply color mixture to dry hair. Start where hair is grayest.
- Do not rub mixture into scalp.
- If mixture gets on skin, gently wipe it off with a damp towel.
- Comb or gently work remaining mixture through the rest of your hair, saturating hair completely through to the tip.
- Do not take more than 3 minutes to complete application.
- Do not save unused mixture. The container may burst.
- Leave on hair for 5 MINUTES TOTAL.
- For darker coverage and blending, leave hair color on longer.
- DO NOT exceed 15 minutes.
Rinse & Condition
- After 5 minutes, add a little warm water and work color into lather.
- Rinse thoroughly until water runs clear. If mixture comes into contact with eyes, rinse immediately with cool water.
- After coloring, rinse color from hair completely. Apply Shea Butter After-Color Conditioner to hair and gently massage to thoroughly saturate. Leave in for 2 minutes, then rinse.
- Towel dry hair and style as usual
Hair colorants can cause severe allergic reactions. Read and follow instructions. This product is not intended for use on persons under the age of 16. Temporary “black henna” tattoos may increase your risk of allergy. Do not color your hair if:
- You have a rash on your face or sensitive, irritated and damaged scalp
- You have ever experienced any reaction after coloring your hair
- You have experienced a reaction to a temporary “black henna” tattoo in the past.
Wait at least 14 days after relaxing, bleaching or perming before coloring.
This product contains ingredients which may cause skin irritation on certain individuals and a preliminary test according to accompanying directions should first be made. This product must not be used for dyeing the eyelashes or eyebrows; to do so may cause blindness. A skin allergy test must be completed 48 hours before you use this product, even if you have used coloring products before. Before using, read insert for complete directions. Colorant contains phenylenediamines. Developer contains hydrogen peroxide. Avoid contact with eyes. Rinse eyes immediately if product comes into contact with them. Wear suitable gloves. Rinse hair well after application. Keep out of reach of children. Mixing ratio (1:1). Store unopened kit in a cool, dry place until ready to use (do not refrigerate).
- Do not use if your hair is not in good condition.
- Apply to clean, dry hair. Do not shampoo immediately before coloring. If hair is very soiled or has heavy buildup of styling aids, shampoo 24 hours before application.
- Prepare mixture immediately before use. Do not mix with any other products.
- Protect clothing and work area from spills with a smock and towels to avoid permanent staining.
- To prevent skin staining, apply petroleum jelly around your hairline and the nape of your neck. Avoid contact with hair. Remove any staining with a damp towel dipped in shampoo.
- Never leave the cap on the cream color developer bottle (1) after mixing. The container may burst.
- Follow the recommended processing times for best results.
- To maintain well-moisturized hair between color treatments, use the Mango & Shea Butter Ultra-Moisturizing Leave-In Conditioner daily.