Hair Color for Men Nourishing Permanent Gel Hair Color 4.0 Rich Black
- Nourishing permanent hair color
- Long-lasting color and shine
- For hair, mustache, and beard
Preliminary Skin Test
A few people are sensitive to hair coloring. For your safety, this skin test is a necessary precaution before each application. Using a plastic spoon, mix together 1 teaspoon of nourishing permanent creme gel hair color and 1 ½ teaspoons of creme color developer in a plastic bowl. Wash and dry an area in the fold of the arm with a mild soap. Using a cotton-tipped applicator, apply some mixture to this area and let it dry. Leave the area undisturbed for 48 hours. If at any time during this period there are signs of irritation, redness, burning, itching, swelling, or any other abnormal reaction, do not use Creme of Nature Nourishing Permanent Gel Hair Color. Creme of Nature Nourishing Permanent Gel Hair Color should never be applied to the hair if the scalp shows any evidence of abrasion, eruption or diseased condition.
Color Preview Test
Your hair color results can be affected by relaxers, permanent waving, over-exposure to the sun, previous coloring and other factors. This test will show the new color in advance. Snip a swatch of hair at the scalp ¼ to ½ inch wide and secure end with tape. Dip the swatch into the test mixture (the same mixture used for the Preliminary Skin Test), making sure each strand is saturated. Wait 20 minutes, rinse well, then shampoo and let the swatch dry. This is the color you will get when you use Creme of Nature Nourishing Permanent Gel Hair Color throughout the entire head of hair. However, results may vary depending on the different conditions of the hair.
- Assemble color products
- Drape towel over shoulders for protection
- Put on gloves
- Mix Creme of Nature Nourishing Permanent Gel Hair Color into bottle containing Creme of Nature Creme Color Developer. Recap bottle containing mixture and shake until mixture is totally blended. Point away from face while shaking.
Note: If you are coloring your mustache, beard and/or sideburns at the same time you are coloring your hair, apply coloring to mustache, beard and/or sideburns first.
Apply – Hair Only
- Squeeze the colorant mixture on to hair and apply. Apply color immediately after mixing.
- If gray, begin application where there is more gray hair. If mixture gets on skin, rinse with cool water.
- If not applying color to facial hair skip to “Step 6 – Wait“. Otherwise proceed to “Step 5 – Apply – Mustache, Beard and Sideburns Simultaneously“.
Apply – Mustache, Beard and Sideburns Simultaneously
Note: If you want to apply hair color to your mustache, beard and/or sideburns at the same time you are coloring your hair, you should apply to strong, resistant hair areas first, then to the rest of your hair. Begin as follows.
For mustache, beard and sideburns only:
- Squeeze a small amount of color mixture from applicator bottle into applicator tray.
- Dip applicator brush into mixture.
- Apply a generous amount of product to your beard, mustache, and/or sideburns with applicator brush. Be sure to apply to gray areas first, then remaining facial hair.
- Brush up and down to cover all hair evenly.
- Be careful not to rub or scrape skin.
- Wipe away excess mixture from skin with tissue or cotton swab.
- Now apply to your hair as outlined in “Step 4 – Apply – Hair Only“
Based on the condition of the hair, leave color on hair as indicated.
- Chemically treated hair – 25 minutes
- Natural hair – 30 minutes
- Gray or resistant hair – 30 minutes
Read the instruction sheet in its entirety before use. Perform an allergy test 48 hours before full application (see the instruction sheet). Hair colorants can cause severe allergic reactions. Read and follow instructions. This product is not intended for use on persons under the age of 16. Temporary “black henna and tattoos” may increase your risk of allergy. Do not color your hair if:
- You have a rash on your face or sensitive, irritated and damaged scalp.
- You have ever experienced any reaction after coloring your hair.
- You have experienced a reaction to a temporary “black henna” tattoo in the past
Contains hydrogen peroxide, ammonia, resorcinol and phenylenediamines. Avoid contact with eyes. Rinse eyes immediately if product comes into contact with them. Wear suitable gloves during use. Keep out of reach of children.
Choose Full Color application if you are:
- Coloring hair for the first time
- Re-coloring after 4 or more months
- Selecting a new shade of color
Choose New Growth application if you have colored your hair 4 to 8 weeks previously with same shade.
Choose Re-Touch Application if you have colored your hair 4 to 8 weeks previously with same shade.
- Follow steps from the “Step 3 – Preparation” section.
- Using the tip of the color bottle, part hair in four sections.
- Apply color mixture to new growth at root area. Apply color from front to back using ½ inch partings.
- Set Timer and leave color on new growth according to
chart (see “Step 6 – Wait“).
- Rinse, shampoo, condition and style.